Do you plan on taking your car to college this fall? Whether you are starting your freshman year or you’re a “fifth year senior,” there are some steps you should take ahead of time to keep your car running smoothly throughout the fall.
Here are some easy tips to prepare your car for life at college:
- Take your vehicle in for a quick checkup. Ensure that you’re up to date on any inspections or oil changes – as these can be a hassle to take care of once the busy school year starts. Also, if you have been ignoring any of those pesky dashboard lights – now is the time to address them!
- Be sure to check your tires – looking for air pressure, tread, and alignment. It’s very important to have proper tires on your vehicle to keep you safe on the road.
- Familiarize yourself with the routine maintenance required for your vehicle found in your owner’s manual. Create a list and update your calendar to keep track of any regular maintenance needs throughout the year!
- Make sure you’re aware of any differences in the driving laws if you’re traveling out of state for college. These laws can be different from state to state and you won’t want to be caught off-guard!
- Lastly – be sure to secure a parking pass, or make arrangements for parking once you arrive on campus. This will alleviate any extra headaches once you reach campus prepared to move in.
For more vehicle related advice – or to start the new school year behind a new set of wheels – contact us today at Graff Chevrolet!